Wissahickon Garden Club Photography Show
Entries must be received by Tuesday March 28, 2017
Bring to Leslie 620 East Gravers Lane
April 4, 2017
1) Photographs previously entered in any GCA or GCA Major or non-GCA Major Flower Show may not be entered in competition again.
2) Each photograph must be the work of the exhibitor, under whose name it is registered. Mounting and printing may be done professionally.
3) Any manipulation at any stage must be the work of the exhibitor. This includes enhancement for color or clarity, removal of a part of the image, combining images, or distorting the original subject.
4) Photography entries are limited to subjects consistent with Garden Club of America interests such as horticulture, floral design, gardens/landscapes, conservation and the environment, historic preservation, civic improvement and the natural world. Plant material is not required in photographs.
5) Photographs must between 36” and 60” in total perimeter measurement. All entries must be mounted on black foam core or styrene. Framing or matting is not allowed.
6) The following information must be written on the bottom left hand side of the back of the photography mounting: Name, address, phone number(s) e-mail addressesand class entered. The top of the photograph must be indicated.
7) Please make arrangements for your photo entries to be picked up in person at the end of meeting on April 4th, 2017 between 1:30PM and 2:00PM
The scale of points by which the classes are to be judged.
Technical Skill 20
Be Still: Color, up to 6 entries
A Still Life : A composed depiction of an inanimate object(s).
Be Wild: Color, up to 6 images
A Manipulated Image: Transform or alter your original image with any creative technique(s) of your choice.
Be Simple: Color or Black and White, up to 6 images
A Photograph of any subject of your choice, taken by a cell phone or Ipad.
Be Up Close: Color or Black and White, up to 6 images
A close up or macro shot of any subject.